HNTC Advisory Committee
The CDC has provided each RTMCC with their expectations for the development and composition of RTMCC Advisory Committees. CDC guidance states that each RTMCC have an Advisory Committee to provide key direction in the planning and implementation of trainings, product development and medical consultation activities.
The purpose, tasks, duration of terms, composition of committee members, number of meetings, etc. for the members have been outlined in a written policy. The composition of the Heartland Advisory Committee was made based on geographical representation, low and high prevalence areas, and urban and rural areas; the breakdown is listed below:
- 3 TB Controllers representing the 13 States of the HNTC region;
- 3 TB Focal points representing the 13 States of the HNTC region;
- 3 Medical Consultants representing the 13 States of the HNTC region;
- 3 Nurse Consultants representing the 13 States of the HNTC region and;
- 3 Heartland National TB Center (HNTC) representatives: the Medical Director/PI, the Assistant Medical Director/PI and the Executive Director.
Each year, the Advisory Committee meets in San Antonio, Texas to provide input on Heartland's current activities and products as well as advice on future work plans. In addition, several conference calls are conducted to further facilitate communication and the decision-making process. Please feel free to contact any of the Advisory Committee members or Heartland staff to share your suggestions and questions.