This is an archived document. The links are no longer being updated.
TB Notes 2, 2003
UPDATE FROM THE COMMUNICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Third Annual TB ETN Conference
The TB Education and Training Network (TB ETN) conference planning
committee is gearing up for the TB ETN Third Annual Conference.
Details are provided below.
What: TB Education and Training Network Third Annual Conference:
“Oh, the Places TB Education Can Go…”
When: August 13-15, 2003
Where: Atlanta, GA
- Needs Assessment
- Planning and Strategy Development
- Making Materials Appropriate to Your Audience
- Intensive Development of Courses and Materials
- Communicating Late-Breaking Information
- Conducting Training and Education with Limited Resources
By the end of this conference, you will be able to
- Conduct TB education and training needs assessments
- Develop a strategic plan for developing TB education and training
- Use multiple methods to provide TB education and training
- Develop appropriate materials and courses for diverse audiences
- Use evaluation in the development and refinement of education
and training products
- Communicate late-breaking information
- Identify innovative techniques for conducting TB training and
education with limited resources
Conference Registration Form
If you’d like to attend the TB ETN conference, please fill
out and submit the registration form at the back of this issue.
If you would like more information about the conference or about
the TB Education and Training Network, please send an e-mail to
TBETN@cdc.gov or go to www.cdc.gov/nchstp/tb/TBETN/conference.htm.
The conference will be held at the Sheraton
Colony Square Hotel located at 188 14th Street NE, Atlanta,
Georgia. A block of rooms has been reserved for Tuesday, August
12, through Thursday, August 14, assuming a Friday morning checkout.
The room rate is $112.00, exclusive of applicable state and local
taxes. To reserve your room, please contact the hotel directly at
the toll-free number (866) 912-1171. In order to receive the special
group rate, please identify yourself as an attendee of the CDC TB
ETN conference. The reservation deadline is July 25. If you have
any questions about hotel reservations, please feel free to contact
Betsy Carter by e-mail at email@example.com
or by phone at (404) 639-8386.
—Reported by Betsy Carter, MPH, CHES
Div of TB Elimination