The Heartland National Tuberculosis Center (HNTC) is offering Adult and Nursing Clinical Mini-Fellowships targeted to clinicians (physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, RNs and LVNs) who would benefit from participation in an intensive learning experience in the management of tuberculosis (TB) patients. Our goal is to share TB expertise and knowledge with clinicians from a variety of settings. The HNTC will strive to meet the individual needs of those clinicians who attend through assessment of their current knowledge and previous experience and matching the attendee's identified learning objectives with appropriate learning activities. The curricula are flexible and will support fellowship experiences of 1-5 days in duration, based upon the needs of the attendee. The location and sites involved in mini-fellowships are dependent upon the choice of curriculum. Modified Adult and Nursing Mini-fellowships are offered in conjunction with TB Intensive and Nurse Case Management trainings, respectively.
If you are interested in participating in one of these unique opportunities, please complete the appropriate application form and return it to HNTC via fax number (210) 531-4590. Upon receipt of your completed application form and approval from your TB Controller, we will contact you regarding your acceptance into the program.
- Complete the application form, ensuring that you have described your experience in caring for TB patients, the specific goals and objectives you hope to achieve during this fellowship, and several possible dates when available to attend.
- Return the completed application form to HNTC via fax number:
- Your application will be shared with your TB Controller for prioritization. If selected by your TB Controller for attendance, HNTC will then contact you regarding your acceptance, discuss your specific learning needs and curriculum, and determine duration of the fellowship and dates of attendance.
- Candidates are expected to cover their expenses.
- If you have any questions, please contact your TB Controller or HNTC at:
Adult Mini-Fellowship Forms
Adult Mini-Fellowship Application »
(PDF ▣ 310 KB ▣ 5/6/2014)
Adult Overview »
(PDF ▣ 91 KB ▣ 4/3/2014)
Adult Sample Schedule »
(PDF ▣ 100 KB ▣ 4/3/2014)
Nursing Mini-Fellowship Forms
Nursing Advanced Sample Schedule »
(PDF ▣ 81 KB ▣ 4/3/2014)
Nursing Basic Sample Schedule »
(PDF ▣ 80 KB ▣ 4/3/2014)
Nursing Evaluation »
(PDF ▣ 157 KB ▣ 5/6/2014)
Nursing Mini-Fellowship Application »
(PDF ▣ 347 KB ▣ 5/6/2014)
Contact Investigation Mini-Fellowship Forms
Contact Investigation Application Information And Form »
(PDF ▣ 299 KB ▣ 5/6/2014)