Medical and nursing consultation and technical assistance with various aspects of TB control are available at no cost to physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in the ten states that comprise the Heartland Region.
The consultation WARM line is staffed Monday – Friday, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM, Central Time.
After business hours, voice mail service is available. Voice mail messages will be returned within one business day by the Medical Consultant or a Nurse Consultant.
How to Access Our Services
Health care providers may access consultation and technical assistance services by one of several methods, including:
- Referral from the existing medical consultation process within their state
- Contacting the HNTC directly via telephone.
- via our dedicated toll-free warm-line telephone number (800-TEX-LUNG or 800-839-5864)
- to a nurse consultant: Catalina Navarro (210-531-4569); Debbie Davila (210-531-4580)
- Contacting the medical consultants (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) or the nurse consultants (email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org), directly via email. Email addresses are provided on the HNTC website and in promotional literature.
- *NEW* Send an email to the nursing team at email@example.com
The HNTC consultant line is a warm-line that is staffed during business hours and is a non-emergency line. If there is an urgent medical issue and you need to reach a consultant outside of business hours, please e-mail a medical consultant (e-mail addresses noted above).
Recommendations may take the form of a written consult, an email reply or telephone consultation.